Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day of departure!

  The days, moments, and thoughts leading up to embarkation have left me with more questions than answers.  Even though I have completely packed everything, finalized my trip itinerary multiple times, and tripled checked that all is in order I still feel as if I have forgotten something!  It is also interesting to see how the mind struggles with not being able to predict the future when a novel environment is contemplated which is so foreign, uncertain, and full of hope to the mind.  I have done my best to deviate from this line of thinking since it usually leads one to create a sense of false security, or even worse expectations about the new environment which will often not be meet.  I have gained strength from friends, family, faith, and a resolute desire to prepare myself for this life changing experience.  As my departure draws near, I am deeply moved by the people who have made such a profound impact on my life.  To those special people I owe my gratitude.  Your positive impact has made it possible for a suburban kid from Eden Prairie, Minnesota to dream that he could actually make a great impact on the lives of others across the world!  I know that I will miss many great people back home.  I pray for your safety and good health as I move forward with this next chapter in my life.  I look forward to getting to teach and learn a great many things from my Chinese students over the next year and a half.  The Chinese culture is very distinct and proud.  China also has a long and epic history.  For someone very interested in sociology, psychology, and history China is a real dream place to visit and journey through!  In closing, I am so very thankful for all of your support friends and family!  I truly enjoyed both of my going away parties!  The future is bright and ripe for the seizing!  It is time to seize the day!    

No comments:

Post a Comment