Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Preparing for a new life experience!

The time prior to my new experience in China has been a very interesting one for me.  Preparing the last couple of weeks to live, learn, and teach in a new culture has been a very worth while opportunity to look into the uniqueness of my next chapter in life.  All the same, getting my teaching curriculum in order, logistics of international travel, packing and purchasing items for 18 months in China, trying to learn a new language, and learn as much as I can about Chinese culture has been a daunting task.  However, it has also been a very rewarding one.  Looking back on the past few months I feel that I need to thank those who have helped me in my decision making process.  Of course, my parents played a tremendous role.  Their support, guidance, and ideas have all greatly contributed in my preparation.  My professors at CSBSJU have also played a pivotal role. Without their help in writing letters of recommendation, guidance, and support none of this would have been possible.  Cory Quirk-Becker deserves a lot of recognition.  Without his steady guidance in answering many of my questions it would have been much more difficult to prepare myself to teach and live in China.  With about two weeks to go things are certainly heating up!  I look forward to spending time with friends and family as I finalize my packing and preparation.  May God bless everyone of you!

3 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you, Erik! What an amazing opportunity - something you'll be able to tell your grandchildren about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the credit Kottom, you'll do great over here... Can't wait for you to get here, safe travels across the Pacific.

    ReplyDelete