Thursday, May 1, 2014

4/29/2014




 

                                On the previous day, I caught a cold which definitely affected my overall energy level.  I had not slept well the night before; therefore, I decided to take Nyquil that next night.  On Tuesday morning, I woke up feeling tired and drowsy from a long night of sleep.  On Tuesdays, I usually go to four periods of Chinese class at the Exchange students' dormitory; however, on this day I skipped these classes entirely.

 

                           昨天,我患感冒了因此我的精力程度下降了。 昨晚上我睡得不香。为了睡得很香下次该吃感冒药。周二早上我起床的时候发现身体又累又困的样子因为我吃了Nyquil。星期二我平时在留学生的宿舍上四节中文课,不过因为我身体不太好我就逃课了。

 

                                Instead of going to class I read a couple of chapters in F Scott Fitzgerald's, "This Side of Paradise" which has been a great read.  I really like the transition the main character, "Amory" has taken as his life experiences have changed.  Fitzgerald does a great job of creating characters that come alive through their weakness, ambition, and failures in life.  In many ways, I can relate to some the challenges that the young protagonist has faced in his short life.

 

                                除了上课之外我看几篇章的一本书叫“这边的天堂”。书的作家叫F 斯考特菲茨杰拉德。我超喜欢这本书的主角叫“Amory"因为每次他的生活变得他吸取了新的知识。菲茨杰拉德的书中人都具有丰富的弱点,动机,和生活崩溃的经历。其实我跟这本书的主角的共同点不少因此我跟他有共鸣。

 

                                After reading I spent a couple of hours studying Chinese.  I am currently using a clever method to help me remember the different Chinese characters.  The method is built around the idea of making the characters easier to remember by telling separate stories for each one.  When I use this method I am not only remembering what the characters look like but also what their meaning is.

 

                                看书完以后我花几个小时在学习中文上。我目前被一个机灵的学习方法记住了不同的汉字。该学习方法的基本结构用故事学习汉字。你要创造一个故事对一个字就会描绘那个字的意思。当我用这个学习方式我不但会记住了那个字也会记得那个字的意思。

 

                                In the evening, I tried to get to sleep early in order to allow myself an opportunity for my body to heal itself.  I have always heard that our bodies heal themselves the best while resting which is why I attempted to use this method.

 

                                晚上的时候我以为得早一点儿睡觉把身体好起来了。我从来听人说当我们睡觉的时候我们的身体就会进步了。它就是为什么我用这个想法把身体早日康复。

No comments:

Post a Comment