Monday, April 28, 2014

A Blogging Paradigm Shift: My Daily Life in China




 

                                Well, it certainly has taken me a long time to reach the present tense in my blog.  For those of you following my blog, it has taken me precisely two months to arrive at where I am today in my life.

 

                                In my first blog post this winter, I mentioned that a change in my blogging style was needed; however, as I thought over the past vicissitudes of my life I knew that I would feel remise if I did not cover them in my blog.  I had a lot of important experiences that needed mentioning in order for my readers to amply understand the reasons for the changes in my life.

 

                                Another quite infinitely more important reason for reflection is that I feel introspection is a life-long skill to be learned.  In my opinion, thinking needs to be used in order to understand the greatest question of all, "why?"  A young person aspiring to begin a new way of life must not neglect to reflect on their life choices.  Often times, we miss some of the most obvious truisms in our lives because we are always concerned about the future.  Also, many lessons can be learned from analyzing our decision-making processes in the past.  This learning process is especially critical when analyzing things that do not turn out the way we had expected them to beforehand.

 

                                For all of these reasons I focused my first two months on recounting the past.  Tomorrow I will begin a new blogging format which will emphasize the daily occurrences in my life and my reflections on those changes. 

 

                                Furthermore, another new twist in my blog is also coming tomorrow.  In an effort to improve my Chinese I will attempt to write my first blog post in English and the second one in Chinese. 

 

                                This is going to be a fun, challenging, and infinitely interesting exercise for all of us.  If there are any people interested in learning Chinese who read this blog then you might find this blog to be more engrossing than before; likewise, if there are any ethnic Chinese out there who read this blog then you can point out my numerous mistakes for me as well!  In this way we shall begin a new journey tomorrow.  Good night everyone! ; 大家晚安!

No comments:

Post a Comment