Wednesday, March 5, 2014


The Makings of a Crisis:  Knowing When a Breaking Point is Reached

                                In the midst of pursuing all of these great endeavors I found myself completely lacking any resemblance of fun in my life.  Only after careful reflection was I able to realize that at that time in my life I did not want to admit to myself that I was reaching a critical breaking point in regards to balancing my schedule.  I think that one of the keys to happiness in life is finding ways to consciously ask yourself are you living in a balanced manner in life?  If the answer is no, then it may be time to think of some ways to try and solve, or at least ameliorate the problem.    

 

                                I can safely upon reflection admit that at this time in my life I was not mentally or spiritually ready to admit my own limitations to myself.  Fortunately, life always seems to have a new and unique of surprising us into reflection.  In the midst of my second semester life decided to lead me down an unexpected road.  Hindsight tends to make the outcomes of life seem quite obvious to us humans; however, at the time I was quite certain that everything I was doing was best for me under the circumstances.     

 

                                I think that this may be true because humans seem to have a certain amount of self-vanity regarding the intrinsic and extrinsic things we value in life.  Often times, even our friends will be unable to dissuade us from performing a task which we deem inherently important to the accumulation of something we value in life.  This is especially true if the thing we are doing is something that we have been doing for a long time without cessation.  Humans truly can be creatures of habit.  Tragically, this is even true if the things we are accustomed to doing are distinctly harmful to us such as an addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment