Saturday, March 15, 2014

Visiting Himeji Castle: Another Opportunity for me to Expound on Humans




 

                                The next day in Osaka I decided to get up a little earlier, so I could have time to visit the massive Himeji Castle on my way onward to Tokyo.  In its zenith, the Himeji Castle must have been something for the eye to behold.  Today, Himeji is Japan's largest and most popular castle for tourists to visit.  The manifestation of a long-bygone age manifests itself in the intact relics of war left behind to bear witness to the masses of curious onlookers attracted to Himeji. 

 

                                After visiting so many massive castles in Japan it is hard for me to categorical say which left the greatest impression on me; however, I can with great certainty limit my answer down to a possibility of two choices: Himeji or Osaka Castle.  Let me say that in both instances I was impressed for different reasons while exploring the different castles.  Let me say that all of the castles that I visited in Japan were unique and their grandeur well-exceeded my highest expectations.

 

                                While visiting these monuments to war a singularly novel idea entered into my mind.  I guess it is a strange to think of visiting castles in this type of philosophical manner; however, by this time if you have read all of my blogs then I am certain that you could have seen this minor digression coming a mile away. 

 

                                In my humble opinion humans are extremely contradictory creatures.  Indeed, I above decidedly used more than two paragraphs to spell out how anti-war I am in nature.  Regardless, I have also made it clear in my writing that I am very interested in visiting places made infamous by their war history.  In this way, my vicarious latent desire to try and understand war certainly has some deeper connection to the human condition than I can indicatively pinpoint.  Fascination truly has an intriguing hold on my mind.

1 comment:

  1. These kind of places are definitely the attractions when we see how goodly it all can go then knowing about this is much that comes out bus from columbus to nyc help us a lot with learning and growing with majority of terms which are quite helpful.

    ReplyDelete